DES MOINES, Iowa, June 1, 2021 – As the Iowa Celebration with Will Graham approaches, event organizers will offer a series of free classes to help local Christians develop their faith and learn to talk to others about their beliefs. The sessions are the latest in a lineup of Celebration-related events which will culminate with the three-day outreach at the Wells Fargo Arena, Oct. 1-3, 2021.
“Many Christians feel ill-equipped to share their faith with those around them. The desire is there, but they’re afraid that they might not have all the answers,” said BJ Rogers, who is directing the Iowa Celebration. “As we come to Des Moines to proclaim a message of hope, we also want to equip local believers with the essentials that they need, showing them that they can share the love of Jesus and do it effectively.”
The series—called the Christian Life and Witness Course—is open to everybody. No registration is needed and there is no cost to attend. Classes begin June 7 in churches across the area. The three-week training course is offered at various times, dates and locations to make it accessible to anybody who wants to participate. Different information will be presented each week, building on the previous week’s session. Therefore, it is important to attend all three weeks. However, attendees do not need to go to the same location every time.
Churches hosting the Christian Life and Witness Course are:
- El Pastor del Valle Iglesia Luterana – Spanish language location (West Des Moines) – June 7, 14 and 21
- First Open Bible Church (Cedar Rapids) – June 7, 14 and 21
- The Mission Church (Urbandale) – June 7, 14 and 21
- Federated Church (Bondurant) – June 8, 15 and 22
- Walnut Creek Church-Downtown (Des Moines) – June 8, 15 and 22
- True Bible Baptist Church (Des Moines) – June 8, 15 and 22
- First Family Church (Ankeny) – June 9, 16 and 23
- DSM-FIRST (Des Moines) – June 9, 16 and 23
- Grace Church (Marshalltown) – June 9, 16 and 23
- Grace Fellowship Church (Des Moines) – June 10, 17 and 24
- Atlantic Evangelical Free Church (Atlantic) – June 10, 17 and 24
- Zion Lutheran Church (Des Moines) – June 10, 17 and 24
- New Hope Assembly of God Church (Urbandale) – June 12, 19 and 26
- Gateway Church (Oskaloosa) – June 12, 19 and 26
Those age 13 and older who complete the Christian Life and Witness Course or PURSUIT will have the opportunity to apply to volunteer as counselors at the Iowa Celebration.
For more information about the Iowa Celebration, including a full calendar of events, please visit www.IowaCelebration.com.
About the Iowa Celebration with Will Graham
The Iowa Celebration with Will Graham will be held at Wells Fargo Arena, Oct. 1-3, 2021. William Franklin Graham IV (Will) is the third generation of Grahams to proclaim the Gospel under the banner of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Will has shared the hope of Jesus with more than one million people across six continents since beginning his evangelistic ministry in 2006.
– 30 –